Friday, February 5, 2010

Built-In's and Out's

Recently I have had several people ask me how to arrange their built in's and or bookcases.  Believe it or not there is a "proper" way to arrange your goodies.  
These are just my thoughts not everyone may agree :)

Here are some Basic Tips:

Less is usually more
Alternate shelf content
Grouping similar colors together
Books are always a great look
Use different heights to create visual interest
Always use goodies you LOVE
Personally I think if using family photos keep to a minimum (just my opinion)


Here are some images to inspire you...













I am helping my dear friend Marla with her built in's in her living room, once we are done I will be posting before and afters!!!





1 comment:

  1. Adore them all but images 4, 9 and 10 are my faves. Awesome advice x Kell

    ReplyDelete